Friday, August 13, 2010

Oh, The Dinner Conversations That Our Family Has...


Here's how it all began!

1. Me making the comment that I had found a piece of genius that said 'I'm not littering, I'm donating to the Earth!'

2. Which was then followed by Peter wondering if he could make a tee- shirt that said 'Hey, I'm walking litter!' and had fake pieces of litter on.

3. I then mentioned that you could make custom tee- shirts.

4. Which made me think of the whole 'Team insert- name- of- boy- here" shirts and how they, despite their publicity are actually hard to find.

5. At which point, Peter and I started talking about how we had only found two places that sold 'Team Edward/ Jacob' shirts: Borders and a little store in San Fransisco.

6. Then we started talking about how I had told dad that if he bought me a 'Team Edward' shirt he would have to buy me a Sharpie so that I could write 'DEAD' over Edward. (My mom mentioned that I could also just write a D in front of Edward)

7. Peter and I then began planning all of the possible ways to show our displeasure with the Twilight obsession through shirts with a dead Edward in some form. I will not disclose them for fear of the editor hunting me down to kill me.

8. Which was followed by a rant about how the guy who plays Jacob really DOES look like a wolf and a shark, even without make-up. I'm sorry, Rylee- but it's true. Look at the cast of the movie ' Shark- Boy and Lava- Girl" to get the shark part.

9. This was then accompanied by the comment about a commercial showing the name of Jacob Black name carved in wood.

10. This was followed by the rational idea that there might actually be someone with the name of Jacob Black.

11. And then our hearts went out to all of the people with the names of Bella- or Isabella- Swan, Edward Cullen, and Jacob Black.

12. We also made a comment about how is was sort of odd that the name Edward hadn't made the top ten names of the year.

13. We then rationalized that it was because Edward sounded way old and the Jacob, while not flooding with moderness, at least had the nice nick- name 'Jake'.

14. Then my mother commented that Edward was stuck with the nick- name 'Ed'. Which, if you ask me is one of the saddest nick-names in the world. Sorry if you love the nick-name 'Ed.'



And somewhere along there multiple pieces of genius were shared- including ' I now have proof that Voldemort is evil, he turned Cedric Diggory into Edward Cullen' and we realized Peter needs help pronouncing the name 'Cullen'.



How's that for random?

1 comment:

Diamomd said...

My Dad's nick name is Ed. Unless it is family talking to him. Then his name is Little Ed and yes he is over 6 feet tall.